About the Firm
Businesses want clear, sensible commercial advice delivered in plain language for reasonable fees. It’s easy to say but not many law firms seem to be able to deliver it. Grant Legal is a boutique law firm based in London and the Thames Valley set up to do just that.
We provide commercial law advice, primarily to small and medium-sized enterprises across all sectors. The firm was set up by Tom Grant with the objective of providing high quality, responsive and commercial legal services at more competitive rates than those offered by larger and more established firms. The firm’s three key practise areas are general commercial law, gaming law and landlord and tenant work.
About Tom Grant
Tom has a wealth of experience gained both in private practice and in-house. A brief resumé of his experience is as follows:
2014 – 2017: Head of Legal and Compliance, GAN plc
2012 – 2014: Partner, Harris Hagan
2006 – 2012: Senior Commercial Counsel, The Rank Group plc
2003 – 2006: Solicitor, Lewis Silkin
1999 – 2003: Trainee and Solicitor, Nabarro
LL.B and LPC: The College of Law, London
BA (Hons) History, The University of London
- Services Agreements: drafting and negotiating services agreements with multiple US casinos for the development and provision of real-money and social gaming websites.
- Commercial Leases: negotiating new lease of 17,000 square feet office in Central London.
- Sponsorship Agreements: advising and negotiating sponsorship agreement on behalf of Mecca Bingo as main shirt sponsor of Wigan Warriors rugby league club.
- Partnership Agreements: drafting and negotiating partnership agreements with Fremantle Media for reciprocal licensed rights in connection with Britain’s Got Talent.
- Legal Opinions: advising a multinational video games company on their social gaming strategy, including drafting legal opinions on the issuance of virtual currency and protections against secondary markets.
- Terms and Conditions: drafting standard Terms and Conditions and Promotional Terms for multiple different sectors and products.
Outside work, most of my time is devoted to my family, which usually revolves around sport. Now that my playing days are over, weekends tend to be spent on the sidelines, either watching my kids or at Anfield supporting Liverpool, both with mixed results. Beyond that, I like to indulge myself in the occasional run, frequent takeaways and listening to anything and everything on Spotify.