Whilst we expect to be able to provide you with high quality legal services to meet your commercial requirements, there are some specialist areas of law that we are not qualified to advise you on. In these circumstances, we are extremely well placed to make recommendations to you through our network of like-minded lawyers that we have established over many years and whom we trust to be able to provide you with specialist advice and for reasonable fees. These other areas of expertise may include the following:
- Banking and Finance
- Construction, Energy and Projects
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Litigation and Commercial Disputes
- M&A and Corporate
You should note that our duty and priority is to you and we will always ensure that any referral arrangement does not jeopardise that trust or compromise or prejudice our professional judgement. In particular, we will always ensure that:
- our clients’ interests are protected regardless of any fee referral arrangements that may be in place;
- our clients are in a position to make informed decisions about how to pursue their matter; and
- our clients are informed of any financial or other interest which we may have in referring you to any member of our network.
Ultimately, our aim is to ensure that you receive the best possible advice. In doing so, we can assist you in defining the scope of work that you may require from any of the law firms that we may refer you to. In our experience, this is a cost-saving exercise in itself and ensures that you are receiving focussed advice and that fees are not unnecessarily incurred. There may also be circumstances where we can obtain any advice on your behalf so that you do not need to go through the process of instructing another law firm.